Friday, May 13, 2011

The Blueprint...

While I was slowly studying my life away for finals, I decided to listen to one of my favorite albums ever, The Blueprint. I remember listening to this in 2001 when it first came out and being amazed as a 4th grader, but now with an older perspective I realize why Jay has carried the game for the past 10 years. Other than Eminem I don't think there is another rapper who can compare, although I love Lil' Wayne, his albums don't compare to Hov's at all. Jay has 13 cuts that are all classics in my opinion. The fact that he decided to use a majority of soul samples, just brought back a nostalgic perspective that I hadn't experienced since Biggie's Ready To Die. Another thing that amazes me about The Blueprint is the fact that it was released on September 11, 2001, and it still managed to go platinum, that alone shows the quality of his work. Jay-Z whether you like him or not, is one of the greatest to ever do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment